Sunday, May 23, 2010

On tap for this week...

Today was Cheaters Lasagna!
I used left over ground turkey meat and left over egg noodles.
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 can of tomato sauce (small can)
1/2 small tub of ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella (part skim)
1 cup parm (possibly a little less than 1 full cup... I didn't measure)

heated sauce w/ ground turkey, garlic and tomato sauce
mixed 1 1/2 cups of Moz with ricotta and 1/2 of parm
preheated oven to 350
spread a ladle full of sauce into bottom of a 9x13
layered some egg noodles
more sauce
layer of cheese mixture (use it all)
more noodles
more sauce
then topped with remaining parm and moz

Bake for 30 minutes

At 15 minutes throw in a loaf of fresh Italian bread that has been doused w/ garlic and melted butter. (make sure to wrap in foil so it will not get too crispy)

Serve w/ salad and your favorite dressing. DELICIOUS! Next time, I hope to add in green pepper and baby spinach (to the sauce)... just to add a little extra nutrition!

Now for the rest of the week... I have another turkey tenderloin... this will be the meat for turkey tacos, enchiladas and bbq. I have turkey burgers. I have ingredients for sweet and sour meatballs. I have seafood ravioli and I have perogies. It should be interesting to see how far I can make all of this stretch. The lasagna will be around for another meal... that is for certain! Oh and I have chicken for baked chicken dinner and also for slicing over salad for another meal!

Stay tuned!!!

No comments: