Monday, January 26, 2009

Just checkin in...

It's been a while. I'm still addicted to Facebook, I won't lie about it. It's a good thing I have no access to the computer during the day. I actually get house work done these days... amazing how that happens.

I'm so ready for the Super Bowl! We are having a party. Nothing fancy, just a few friends and their kids, and my family (those that show up). We are making hoagies, and serving various dips and appetizers and sweets. Matthew always makes the Super Bowl fun, so it doesn't matter if you have a favorite team or not. We have a TOP SECRET trivia game, that NO ONE (including myself) is allowed to see the questions prior to kick off, and NO googling for the answers. We also have a little number draw, he makes a little "scoreboard" on our game card, and we draw a number from a cup -- there is a cup for each quarter. This is where I usually score my points, I'm good at picking the numbers, or let's say I have been good in the past. Then there is a section for "during the game" where we have a list of qualities (ie: longest hair, most tattoos, biggest player, etc.) and we have to pick... the more people that MATCH the more points you get... we also get to pick our favorite commercial, and you just HOPE someone else picked the same one so you get the points!

The trivia game is the cooolest part of the game card. There are questions rated Touchdown and extra point or Field Goal. If you pick Touchdown questions, you have the option of answering the extra point question. If you pick the field goal, then you forgo the chance at the touchdown question. He usually has a pretty good list of these questions. He does his research for months prior to the Super Bowl. My dad always gives me a good run for my money, as he was a football coach and can recall mad stats. I just make educated guesses, because I'm an NFL junkie.

I really think that Matt should get intouch with NFL and see if he can get his cards made into a real Super Bowl game that people can purchase each year (updated for the current season). The cards are so cool, and so well thought out. Everyone should have these sweet party games at their Super Bowl party, because, even if you don't like football, it gets you involved and makes the party more fun. People often remember our SB parties because of all the work Matt puts into it. Football is our favorite sport. It is what I do every Sunday from August through the first week of Feb. Once the season is over, I'm pretty bummed. I'm so glad we can end our season with a great party, even though it is bittersweet. And even though our teams can't seem to make it to the SB here lately, we still find a way to have a great time.

I have many family and friends going for the Steelers this year. I must say, I can not jump on this bandwagon. I am going for the underdog in this game. The Cinderella team if you will... ARIZONA CARDINALS. And, I actually called this a while back... when we were headed into the playoffs, I said, ultimately, I'd love to see the Vikings in it, because I have a friend who plays for them, HOWEVER, I had a feeling that AZ was going all the way, and I was (and still am) VERY cool with that. My mom grew up on AZ, my sister went to college in AZ, it's time for AZ to win it. The cards have not gone to the SB in 61 years. I say GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARIZONA!!!! I can't remember if I called Pitt as the other team in SB... if I could go back and figure it out, I'd let you know, but I think the conversation has been deleted! ughhhhhhhhh


So anyway, there is an update from my end!

2 comments:

her said...

Hi Lili...I am a friend of Alexis and will be praying for this little boy in Virginia and the doctor in Texas!

BTW...I am rooting for the Steelers. I ususally go for the underdog too, but I have been a Steelers fan since I was a little girl!

May the best team win!!! Joy for your day.
DeeDee

Alexis Jacobs said...

How was your Super Bowl night?? Hope you guys had fun.

PS: DeeDee rocks. :-) Check her out when you have a chance.