Tuesday, January 12, 2010

so much to do

So much to do and so little motivation... I should be SUPER motivated with Cait expected in 9 weeks. My motivation is just lacking. I've got to clear out the nursery, scrub it down, and get it ready for it's newest occupant. Meanwhile, I've got to get Mia prepared for her new room and bed. I've still got to finish cleaning out the toys in the kids rooms that are no longer being used... and that are not likely to be used by Cait. I need to get rid of all the boys clothes in the house that Wils isn't currently wearing or able to wear in the future. I've got to get rid of all the baby girl clothes that are the wrong season for Cait. I've got to clean out my room AGAIN. I've got to get the roof replaced (hopefully BEFORE Cait's arrival). I've got to get the kitchen painted, the nursery door repaired, my room painted and not to mention furniture purchases. We need to get new living room furniture, a new bedroom suit for our room, wooden pryamid bunks for the older kids rooms and new kitchen chairs (a whole set would be nice, but just chairs would suffice).

Then there is the whole BABY STUFF that is still needed for little Cait. Christmas of 2008 I gave away nearly everything (baby gear) to a family who was fostering three children. Then in the spring, what I had left, I sold in a yard sale. And the infant seat I was using, was in my car when I was rear ended. SO, now I've got to get a new travel system, a new travel lite pack n play, a new bouncy seat, (thankful to my sister for a swing!), and new infant/nb gowns.

Then of course, I'd love to replace the blinds in our house w/ these faux wooden blinds I found at WalMart-- they'd look SO much better than what we currently have, and would spruce up the look of our home.

SO, you see, much to be done. I think my lack of motivation is knowing that most of this can't be accomplished due to a lack of funds at this time. I know God is in control and I need to just let go and let God! Sometimes that is SO much easier said than done. And being overwhelmed makes me retreat, rather than become proactive. The cold weather (ridiculously cold) does not help with my attitude one bit!

I need to make myself a goal for each day... if I can accomplish ONE thing in a day, then maybe I can start to get some motivation and do a little more each day. It's worth aiming for. I can't remain in funky town forever... I have a family relying on me!

No comments: