Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shopping

OK, I adore children's clothes. It is an obsession, I think. I really adore little boys dressed in JonJon's and shortalls. Of course, you have to pay through your nose for these adorable little outfits. They are over $40, in most cases. So, I've found two cool companies: Kelly's Kids and Chez Ami. Both of these companies offer HOME PARTIES! You host a party and you earn credit towards clothing purchases! I'm actually holding a Kelly's Kids party this weekend. I'm very excited about it. I've already had one sale and am up to $10.00 in credit! Woohoo!!!

Being a family with one income, it isn't very easy to just purachase the things I want for my babies and my house. I have to really watch the spending and get deals where I find them. We are very blessed to be able to have what we have, and do the things we get to do. We sacrafice some of the finer things in life. We live in a smaller home, we don't have cable or direct tv. We don't go out to eat often. I don't purchase many clothes for myself. Matt purchases most of his cltohes from discount shops. Sometimes I long for some finer things in this life, but at what expense? Not watching my babies growing up? Not being home when I'm needed there? It's all give and take.

With all that being said... I've been thinking. I might go back to school. No, not back to college exactly (though I DO want to do that at some point) but RATHER, I'm thinking of taking a course in medical transcribing. There is a course offered online and it is not too expensive. I think I could probably take it now. Then I guess I'd look for a job to do from home in the evenings when my babies are sleeping. It sure would help us out financially, for me to bring in some money. I tried doing the home business route, with Creative Memories, I didn't make a dime, I spent way more than I ever made. We've just really been feeling cramped in this house and I know if I made a salary of some sort, we could get out from under this.

We've been house shopping with my parents for a while, but they are taking so long making up their mind, I'm afraid the market is going to leave us behind, and we won't be able to do anything, but stay here and wish we were somewhere else. I've found a couple of houses that Matthew and I could afford on our own, they are larger than our current home, but not necessarily in the area of our city that we would like to be in. Not that they are in bad areas, that's not the case at all, they are in great areas, we just like the county we are in... and not so sure we are ready to leave this area. It is such a difficult decision to make. We need to make our move in the next 3 years though, because Maegan starts school in 2008 and I don't want to move her too long after she starts her first school. It gets more difficult to make new friends the older you get, you know cliques form EARLY! SO, for now, we keep looking and I seriously consider my option of becoming a transcriptionist!

No comments: